Fynamics Ltd. is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Fynamics Ltd. in relation to the information we collect about you.
When we refer to ‘we’ it is Fynamics Ltd.
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Fynamics Ltd is a financial planning organisation and our aim is to help our clients to reach long term financial wellbeing and peace of mind. This is done by examining their current financial situation and future financial goals and the creation of a personalised financial plan. As part of this process we advise and arrange transactions on behalf of clients in relation to life and pensions products. A full list of insurers and product providers whom which we deal with is available on request.
– In order for us to provide you with the services that we are authorised to advise you in relation to a wide range of Insurance, Protection, Pension and – Investment Products.
– We research the products on your behalf with the Product Producers (Insurers) with whom we hold appointments.
– We will identify and select suitable products from the Product Producers (Insurers) and on receipt of your instructions we will transmit orders on your behalf to one or more Product Producers Insurers), a list of which is available on request. This process applies to all classes of insurance policies.
– We need to collect personal data to provide the service requested. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
– In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes we would contact you for additional consent.
In order for us to provide you a financial planning service Fynamics Ltd. need to collect personal data. Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
– We have your consent
– We need to process your data to complete the performance of a contract
– Where you, the data subject is a party. The firm processes data without consent in order to fulfil contractual obligations [such as arranging cover with product providers/insurers with whom we hold letters of appointment].
– Legal obligation that needs to meet
– Protect the vital interests of the data subject, including the protection of rights and freedoms
– Processing that is in the public interest
– Necessary for the legitimate interests of the data controller or third party, unless the processing is overridden by the vital interests, including rights and freedoms
– national law
In any event, Fynamics are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Fynamics will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethnic origin – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) – we will ensure the below
– We will obtain your explicit consent
– Protect the vital interests of the data subject, including the protection of right and freedoms
– Necessary for the legitimate activates with appropriate safeguards
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Fynamics Ltd. in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Fynamics procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
– Davy Select
– Friends First
– New Ireland
– Bank of Ireland
– Irish Life
– Standard Life
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Fynamics Ltd. facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Fynamics Ltd. will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body and our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Fynamics Ltd. or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Organisation Name’s data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
Profiling – automatic decision making
To establish our client’s attitude to investment risk (relates to pensions and investments) Fynamics use automated calculators which calculate our clients attitude to various levels of risk having answered a series of questions.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Fynamics Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.